Knotty Picture Frame - Celtic Heart Knot

I have a few not so secrets to share with you...I am addicted to Pinterest (but who isn't), I seem to pin everything to do with hearts and I love Celtic knots! I actually love the Celtic knots so much, I gave my husband a wedding ring has the infinity knot the entire way around the band.

I have been trying to find a way to create the Trinity Knot out of rope to frame it for my in-laws for Christmas. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a way to do this. But in my searching I found something better, something that satisfies both my loves for hearts and Celtic knots...I found directions on how to tie a Celtic Heart Knot! Don't you love the internet?!
I bought 2 feet of 5/8 inch braided cotton rope at Lowe's for $0.50. Thinner rope would look very nice too, but Lowes didn't have any at the time and I was not patient enough to wait for it to come in :) Note: I originally tried this with polyester rope from the Dollar Store and it did not work well.
I burned the ends of the rope to prevent fraying with my handy dandy candle lighter.
This YouTube video clearly shows how to tie a Celtic Heart Knot. It takes maybe 2 minutes to tie this heart knot; you really will not believe how simple it is.
I bought a cheapo frame at the Dollar Store for $2. I selected this one because it has space between the glass (more like plastic) and where the photo is. This allows there to be room for the rope heart to fit behind the glass.
I used a piece of scrapbook paper that accented our family room and that provided a contrast to the white rope as the background.  This would also look great with burlap behind it.
It doesn't really look like much in the photo, but it looks great. I wish I could hide this until Christmas so I could give it to my husband as a gift. But as I have learned after his last gift (the marathon bib coasters) he reads my blog often.
 I was able to make this special gift for the bargain basement price of $2.50!
The next time I am at Lowe's or HomeDepot I am going to see if they have the thinner rope and make a couple of these as ornaments. I will let you know how that works :)

What do you think?
Stephanie

Comments

  1. This is beautiful. I love the symbolism it evokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever, and like your blog title might indicate a great idea! Homemade gifts are the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were looking for a way to make a Trinity Knot for Christmas...I believe I found it. Visit Pinterest and go to Mar Schaeffer (that's me)under my DIY-Art & Crafts board. I've direction step by step how it's done. Hope this helps you out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this is beautiful!
    I've always been drawn to Celtic Knots as well, and after a custom request in my shop, I now make them all the time! I just love the intricate designs and meaning behind them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not very familiar with knots and stuff, but your work is beautiful. I love the black-colored frame. It allows the knot to appear brighter and more sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy camikula@bell.netNovember 25, 2011 at 3:24 PM

    Hi,
    Am way behind in reading my blogs! Found this tutorial on YouTube for making the Trinity Knot. Not sure if this is what you were looking for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WRCtPie4MY

    Have fun!
    I wish you and yours a very merry Christmas and all the best in the new year.
    Cathy
    camikula@bell.net

    P.S. Happy American Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm addicted to Pinterest too! I just can't stop pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so awesome! I love Celtic knots also I actually have the Motherhood Knot tattooed on my foot and my hubs has the fatherhood knot on his arm. I am gonna "Pin" this one so I don't forget it. Love me some Pinterest!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea! I found you on Pinterest and you have so many great ideas. Can't wait to try some. Please send your template on Name and Est.Date Wall Art. There is so many gift giving ideas for such a small price!

    Thank you,
    Pat
    patricia.jones04@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've tried ten times but just cannot do it congrats to anyone who can

    ReplyDelete

  11. تنظيف الخزانات يحتاج الى مواد مصرح بها لاستخدام فى خزانات المياه لابد ان تتم عملية غسيل خزانات بجدة عن طريق افضل شركة غسيل خزانات بجدة محترفة تعمل على تطهير و تعقيم الخزانات
    ____

    شركات تنظيف المنازل في الدمام رخيصة
    بالمقارنة مع باقي الشركات التى لا تتمتع بنفس كفاءة الرائد في العمل وفي تنظيف منازل
    ونقدم ايضا لعملائنا عدة خصومات فى حالة طلب اكثر من خدمتين .
    اسعار شركات تنظيف المنازل بجدة
    https://www.alraid-sa.com/شركة-تنظيف-شقق-بالمدينة-المنورة/

    __

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts