$0 Budget Month Guest Post: Mother Hen Strikes Again


Hi There, Mother Hen here, my blog is Mother Hen Strikes Again. I'm a crafter, cook, mother and love making and baking!


I first came across Stephanie's blog in November 2011 on Pinterest. Someone had pinned her blog post about $0 for the month of March 2011. I am fairly new to the blogging scene and thought this was a brilliant idea, I thought what a fabulous idea! I left a comment for Stephanie saying she had inspired me to do this in January when things are naturally tight after over spending at Christmas. I also have a ton of unfinished projects and craft items around the house, surely I could get on and use some of these things up! This was just the inspiration I needed to rise to the challenge! Stephanie kindly emailed me and asked if I would like to join her through this journey in January and I replied that I would love to! And so the journey began....


I came up with 7 Golden Rules to live by for the month, see my original post for those. I have then set to coming up with some ideas to use up these craft supplies I have!


So far I have made quite a few things I'm very pleased with. I will give you a peak at just a few, but please feel free to visit my blog.

Golden Rule 3 states, not buying any sweets or treats! So having to curb that sweet tooth, means I've been using up the baking ingredients in my cupboards to make some yummy goodies...


Blueberry and White Chocolate Muffins


I have also made a couple of nice things with some crafty leftovers or up cycling!

Shabby Chic Necklace, Old Jewellery and T-shirt
Felt Egg Cozies
And saving a few pennies with home made toiletries/cosmetics....
Body Scrub, Facial Scrub and Moisturiser
Please feel free to join us for the rest of the January $0.00 Spend Challenge, it's not to late to join in the fun! Yes being Thrify can be Fun!

Mother Hen

Comments

  1. Howdy, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam remarks?

    If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can advise?

    I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.

    Here is my blog post :: anuncios clasificados

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

    Hikingproject.com
    Information

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts