$0 Budget Month Guest Post: On the V Side

Hello there!

Thanks to Stephanie for having me here!  I'm Emily from On the V Side - my blog where I focus on fun, family, and attempting to beautify my home without breaking the bank. Like the banner says, "Martha Doesn't Live Here" :)   From decor to crafts, my philosophy is that Your Home Doesn't Have to be Perfect... Just Perfect for YOU.
Stephanie's $0 Budget Month challenge totally appeals to me, because who doesn't love to create something fabulous out of stuff you already have?  If you're like me, shopping the house is one of the most gratifying experiences.

Check out some of these projects that you can create your own version of with stuff you likely have in your house right now:
(for the full tutorials, just click on the links below the photos)

I'm willing to bet most everyone has some sort of outdated figurine or small statue that has seen better days, collecting dust all packed away or headed for the Goodwill pile.
I took some inspiration from Anthropologie and gave these old pear ornaments a face lift just by covering them in book pages.


 Anthro-Inspired Pears

I was looking for some candles and holders that would work with my harvest decor, and in the end decided I would just make my own.
I found some apples in the fridge and some tealights hiding in a drawer... and voila!  Instant candles!


And for you moms of daughters, I'm sure you can relate to having a pint-sized friend wanting to play with your makeup.  I have a 2 year old who thinks she "needs" to put on "her" makeup when I'm putting on mine.  Well....no.  I'm not a fan of handing over eye shadow and blush to a maniac toddler! :)  
So, I created this realistic-looking "play" makeup using just an old empty eye shadow case and nail polish.
Those are just some of the $0 projects from On the V Side - thanks so much to Full of Great Ideas for letting me hijack your blog today!


Cheers,

Comments

  1. What great little ideas!!

    Love this:)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, i love the apple candle. Such wonderful goodies you have xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love the template for the chores worksheets if possible. Do you have a link?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely candle. So cute love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wedding month ans all its a feature are given in the post here. Know all about it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Аfteг I initiаlly left a сomment I
    seem to have сlickеd on the -Nοtify mе ωhen nеw cοmmеntѕ are аddeԁ- chесkbox and from now on eaсh time a comment
    iѕ adԁed I receivе four emailѕ with
    the exаct sаme cοmment. Pегhаps thегe is а way you aге able to remονe
    me frοm that service? Τhank уοu!


    Fеel fгee tо surf tо my wеb ρage - teamgeorgiawrestling.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My prοgrammer is tryіng to convinсe
    me to move tο .net from РHP. I have always ԁislikeԁ the idea because of
    the expеnses. But he’ѕ trуiоng none the lеss.
    I’ve bееn using WοrdPresѕ on a vаrietу of websіtes foг about а year and am nervous
    about switching to another ρlatform. I have hеard
    veгy good thіngs about blogenginе.net.
    Is there а ωay I сan tгаnsfеr all my wordpreѕs ροsts іnto it?
    Any kind of hеlp would be really аppгeсiatеd!


    my pagе low back pain treatment with pilates

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lоve whаt уοu guys are up
    tοо. Тhis sоrt of cleνer wοrκ аnd еxposure!
    Kеep up the аmazin g woгks guys I’ve added уou guуs to our blοgroll.


    Here is my web blog :: garden

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I've really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!
    decoracion fiestas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts