Love is Patient - Our Wedding Reading Framed on my $0 Budget

I am 4 days into my $0 Budget month and things are going well. I have not had time yet to start purging closets but I have made every meal from what we have in the house.  So I feel like the freezer is starting to show some gaps.
I don't think this next project is dramatically different than the framed quotes I did last year here, but I still love it.

Ever since my husband and I got married 10 years ago (wow time goes by quickly), I have wanted to frame a few things that reminded me of our wedding day to put in our bedroom. This is the one place in our house that is just for us; a place for things that I don't need to explain what they means or share why I framed what I did. A place that I can put special things that only have meaning to the two of us and can make us smile and remember every time we look at them.

I will only share my first project now (the other might come later this month if I can do it with $0).

I have always loved the readings from our wedding ceremony. We were able to work with our priest to create our own ceremony by selecting all the readings. I immediately fell in love with the passage from 1st Corinthians 13:4-7. For those of you who think you are not familiar with it, I can guarantee you have heard it. 
 It goes something like this (there are slight variances depending on the version)

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves."


Author: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
As mentioned previously with  my Celtic heart knot project, we love Celtic knots. We love them so much my husband's wedding ring has a continuous knot around the entire band. So when I started to design this quote, I knew I wanted it to have a Celtic influence.
I downloaded a few free Celtic fonts from one of those font websites. I used CelticEels for the LOVE letters and Shrewsbury for the text. 
Using Publisher (you could easily do this in Word too) I created two text boxes, one with LOVE and the other with the remaining text.
 I then rotated the 'LOVE' box by 90 degrees so that is was on the side of the passage.
 
I knew when I was designing it I was going to print this on nice scrapbook paper (since I can't pay to have it developed) but I didn't expect it to take me three tries to get one that I actually liked.

Here is attempt #1 (don't mind the different colors on the word LOVE; I was trying to make it better). I really didn't like the pattern or the blue paper. Fail.
Here is attempt #2. My husband recommended green since it was a Celtic font. Well it looked like a Shamrock shake..remember those at McDonald's. It was a fail too.
 Then attempt #3 required I cut the boarder off a 12x12 inch scrapbook page.
 I ran it though the printer but was still not happy. I wanted the word LOVE to stand out more. I felt that since it was sideways, it was difficult to figure out what it was.
So I lightly colored in LOVE with a maroon pencil color that I stole from my daughter's school pencil case. You can barely see it but it makes the word pop a bit more.
I had a deep inset black 8x10 frame with a mat to make it a 5x7 laying around to frame it with. I am positive I got this frame last year at the Dollar Store.
I am not sure exactly where I am going to put it yet. I like it on my night stand but it also matches our walls really well, so I might hang it. I hope to one day do a gallery wall beside our bed, so it might end up there when I collect enough frames.
What do you think? Do you have a favorite passage from your wedding?

Have any of you come up with $0 ideas of your own? Are we ready to have a $0 Budget link party? If anyone is interested I can do one every Friday or every other Friday...just say the word :)

I will have a great guest post tomorrow so be sure to stop by.

Stephanie

Comments

  1. I really love this idea. We had this reading at our wedding too. Is there any chance you'd be willing to share the document? It would make a great Valentine's Day gift for my husband.

    Thanks!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. Finally I get to read it in all detail....and I have been married almost 24 years now. My longest relationship so far...

    Thank you for the detailed information on how to do the creative lettering. I'll try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something did not work with my URL. So I am trying again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! Would you be willing to share the document? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too would Love the document , my 10 year Anniversary is in 2 weeks and would love to do this. Please Please can you share it. Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.

    Mojomarketplace.com
    Information

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.


    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts